Duct and Pipe Insulation
Tempshield® Reflective (Bubble) Duct and Pipe Insulation maintains temperature inside your duct or pipe as it reduces condensation.
- Cut a length of Tempshield® Reflective (Bubble) Duct and Pipe Insulation that will be easy to handle in your working area.
- Pre-shape the Tempshield® Reflective (Bubble) Duct and Pipe Insulation by wrapping it around the pipe. This will make taping easier and help form a better seal.
- Remove the protective backing from the tape and overlap the edge, so it just covers the tape area.
On small pipes, this will produce a loose fit and on larger pipes, a snug fit. Insulation value is not affected by a loose or tight fit.
SPIRAL PIPE WRAP - R-4
- Simply spiral TempShield® pipe wrap around your pipes, overlapping 1/2" as you go.
- Securely tape with foil tape around each end of your wrapped product.
This procedure provides an air space that will aid the insulation value. Do not leave any exposed pipe or space where air can enter between the pipe and the wrap.