The How, What, and Why about Radiant Barrier insulation
Home Renovation Tips
Whether you’ve recently moved into an older home or noticed your home has become outdated over the years, the thought of renovating your home has likely crossed your mind. It’s no surprise that home renovation can seem like a daunting task, no matter how motivated you may be. If you are looking to make some updates to your home, there are a few things you should do along the way:
- Make a plan. Since home renovation can often times be overwhelming, it’s crucial to come up with a list of the things you want to update. This will also help you establish what needs to be done first and what can wait.
- Create a budget. You can do as much to update your home as your wallet will allow. Needless to say, it’s important to sit down and determine how much money you are willing to designate to your home renovation.
- Get an energy audit. Having an energy professional take a look at your home can help you know where your home efficiency can be improved. A home that is more energy efficient will save you money moving forward.
- Update your insulation. If you are living in an older home — any home built before 1980 — you are most likely paying more than you should be on heating and cooling due to poor insulation. Bringing your home insulation up to modern-day standards can reduce your heating and cooling bills by as much as 10-50%.
- Dive in. The hardest part about renovating your home is often getting started. There are a number of apprehensions and fears that accompany a home renovation. However, nothing will change if you don’t start somewhere!
If you are looking to renovate your home but don’t know where to begin, there are a number of helpful websites that can provide inspiration and motivation. By renovating your home, you can not only save money in the long run, but you will be left with a house that you’re proud to show off!