Metal Buildings New Construction Installation
- After the red iron is erected, install TempShield® Insulation over the purlins by using 1/2" tek screws and screwing the metalized film to the purlins.
- Install at least a 1/2" thermal break. If installing a standing seam roof, use clips with thermal breaks.
- Install roofing either by screwing corrugated metal through the thermal break and insulation to the purlin or install a standing roof seam.
- If an interior finish is to be installed, attach to the bottom of the purlins. This will create a 1/2" airspace between the roofing and the insulation and an 8" airspace between the insulation and the interior finish.
- Install TempShield® Insulation vertically, using 1/2" tek screws to secure the insulation to the exterior of the C or Z purlins.
- Apply aluminum tape to seams to create a tight seal.
- Install a 1/2" thermal break and attach corrugated metal to exterior finish.
- If an interior finish is to be applied, install the interior face of the girts. This will create a 1/2" airspace between the exterior finish and the insulation and an 8" air space between the insulation and the interior finish.