Block Wall and Basement Applications
R-7.01 with Double Furring
R-4.24 with 2" x 2" Furring
R-3.30 with 1" x 2" Furring
TempShield® is great as a basement wall insulator. TempShield® performs as a vapor retarder, resists fungus and mold, and also controls dew point problems. (R-Value is unaffected by a damp basement environment.) The tested R-Value is obtained by installing TempShield® as instructed; between two furring strips creating an air space on both sides of the product.
When using one set of furring strips we recommend installing our single bubble white poly product. When your install requires two sets of furring strips, our double bubble product with metalized film on both sides is recommended.
- Carefully read over the Helpful Tips before starting.
- Check the area you are insulating and make any needed repairs before installing TempShield®.
- Use adhesive caulk or nails to attach furring strips to the wall 16” or 24” on-center. Use small pieces of tape to hold the strips against the wall until the caulk has thoroughly cured.
- Using TempShield® insulation, simply install between furring strips. Staples should be placed every 3" to 4." White poly should face the interior of the building.
- Be sure at least a 1/2" air space is maintained between the TempShield® metalized film surface—such as your basement wall. This will give you the maximum protection and insulation values.
Protecting your basement with TempShield® gives you a more comfortable place to work and play while lowering your heating bills.