Radiant Barrier Foil
Much of the heat entering your home comes through the roof. Adding Super R® in your attic helps to keep your house cooler in the summer. Super R® is ideal radiant barrier to supplement the insulation already in your attic.
The Super R® brand radiant barriers are all available in perforated, allowing moisture to escape and avoiding mold and mildew issues. Only the perforated Super R® brand radiant barriers are versatile enough for all attic configurations illustrated. If you have any questions about which product would be best suited for your specific application, please feel free to call and speak with a trained sales representative.
Attic applications do not have R-values, but a U-value can be calculated depending on your level of existing insulation.
Super R® attic application with a soffit and ridge vent system. Install Super R® clear to ridge pole.
Super R® attic application with a turbine or gable vent. A 3" gap along the ridge pole and at the base of the rafters (soffit) ensures enough air flow between Super R® and the roof deck. This applies to all vent systems other than soffit and ridge.
How is Heat Transferred?
- Carefully read over the Helpful Tips before starting.
- Check the area you are insulating and make any needed repairs before installing Super R®.
- Unroll the Super R® as you work, and cut it to suitable lengths with scissors or utility knife.
- Allow for proper ventilation. See note below on ventilation.
- Staple Super R® to the undersides of exposed rafters or between the rafters, if you have trusses.
Good ventilation in your attic increases your comfort and helps the materials of your house last longer. Be sure not to block ventilation paths when you install Super R®.