Tempshield® Garage Door Kit Installation Instructions
The TempShield® Garage Door Kit works by reflecting 95% of the radiant heat, keeping your garage much cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. The Tempshield® Garage Door Kit installs in minutes and one size fits most.
Call us today to order: 1-888-380-6899
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO
Standard 16' x 8' garage door shown in picture
- Easy to Install
- Only 1/8" Thin
- Reduces Condensation
- Blocks 95% of Radiant Heat
Contains No Fiberglass or Foam Kit includes:
- 1 roll of 24" x 70' insulation
- 1 roll of double-sided tape
- 1 roll of aluminum foil tape
Please read and follow all of the steps below to ensure proper installation.
Cut and tape insulation to fit directly to inside the of the garage door with the foil facing towards the interior.
- Measure area to be covered to determine amount of insulation needed. The Tempshield® Garage Door Kit is intended to cover standard two-car garage door measuring 150 sq ft or smaller.
- Clean the interior of the garage door or door panels where reflective insulation is to be applied, and clear any debris prior to applying double-sided tape.
- Apply the double-sided tape directly to the interior of the door or panels, both vertically and horizontally.
- Determine the length of the insulation to be cut and always install each piece before cutting the rest to make sure of your measurements.
- Press the insulation onto the door directly, cutting off any excess.
- To ensure that the insulation holds over time, aluminum tape may be applied around the edges of the reflective insulation, further securing it to the door.
If after installation, the Tempshield® Garage Door Kit Insulation is torn, repair is made simple and complete with aluminum tape on the foil side.